Athletes love kinesiology tape. It helps muscles recover faster and supports the muscles and joints to help avoid injury, making their training more effective.
But anyone can enjoy the benefits of kinesiology tape—from a common backache to wrist pain from working at a computer, kinesiology tape can help with everyday aches that anyone experiences. Still, it can be intimidating to apply if you’ve never used it. To help, here are some tips on how to apply kinesiology tape.
Applying OKTape is easy, but there are a few steps you need to take before beginning:
- Prepare the skin by removing any lotions or oils. The skin should also be completely dry for best application.
- Check that there is no damage in the skin area that you will be applying the tape. Damage includes scrapes, cuts, burns, rashes or any kind of irritation.
- If you need to cut the tape, be sure to keep the underside film of the tape to avoid touching the adhesive. To avoid this step altogether, you can get OKTape Classic Rolls which have precut strips for your convenience.
Applying Kinesiology Tape
Once you have the area prepped, you are ready to place the tape in your desired location. You can give it a little stretch when applying, but avoid overstretching the tape as it can cause skin irritation or even blistering. When applied properly, kinesiology tape can last up to 3-5 days.
Removing Kinesiology Tape
When removing kinesiology tape, make sure to remove it in the direction of hair growth to avoid pulling the hair. If the tape is tough to remove, you may need to loosen it with baby oil or vegetable oil for an easier removal.
Order OKTape Today
Ready to try OKTape for yourself? You can find OKTape Kinesiology Tape on the STRONG Online Store. Use code FirstTry for 30% off on your order.
STRONG is a proud partner of OKTape, a new upcoming brand that features kinesiology tape, sports tape and medical tape. When it comes to kinesiology tape, there are a lot of choices in the market. Here’s why you should choose OKTape.
Same High Quality, Lower Price
OKTape’s goal is to make high quality kinesiology tape available to all athletes everywhere. To accomplish this goal, this kinesiology tape is the same exceptional quality as the best names on the market but offered at a significantly lower price.
Variety of Colors and Cuts
OKTape offers every color of kinesiology tape imaginable, including several different fun patterns. You can even get your sport’s team logo printed on your tape!
Benefits of Kinesiology Tape
OKTape was made specifically to flex and move with your body, providing support and relieving pain where you need. Here are some ways OKTape can help athletes boost their performance and improve their long-term health:
- Supports tendons and muscles
- Accelerates sore muscle regeneration
- Optimizes your training
- Prevents injury
- Improves muscle stimulation
- Improves posture
- Eases muscle and joint pain
- Eases menstrual pain